We were asked by the directors of the Waterfront pub to comment on their current website. After some consideration this is what we concluded:
The tone of voice for the venue should be evident in the copy / imagery / content on the site – the current site has poor visual content. From a purely professional perspective our comments are below.
- the logo is not even the proper logo – this immediately dilutes the brand
- the font usage throughout is inconsistent – in terms of size, style and readability
- the social media icons at the bottom of the pages are way too large the images used throughout the site look as if they are poorly considered in terms of size and placement (eg cocktails)
- The Weddings section would not make me want to come to even visit the venue -
- Overall it just looks and feels amateurish
On the plus side – we all felt that the content is really good – tells you when its open – we like the wedding gallery – it works on a mobile (albeit the same rules apply) it has all the ingredients to be a great site but lacks a professional look and feel.
The upshot of all of this is that we were then asked to re-design the site (in Wordpress) and our fist attempt looks like the design you see above. We think its a good start to what will be an on-going project...
If you have a website that you'd like us to review, then please just give us a call on 01332 291141 and we can discuss your requirements.